We are collecting clothes and equipment for Syrian refugees
Would you like to contribute?
In collaboration with two national NGO charities AAPS and Bienvenidos Refugiados, IWC Asturias (the International Women’s Club Asturias) is organising a collection of goods for sending to the Syrian refugees. This is an appeal for your help.
During the week of 7 to 13 March 2016 we will make the collection. Items will then be taken to the NGOs where they will be sorted, packed and distributed to refugee camps in Europe.
If you would like to contribute items, we can collect them from your house or you can bring them to the next IWCA meeting, which will be in Gijon on Saturday 12 March at 5pm at el Colegio Público Jovellanos (see facebook or our website for more details).
The charities are appealing for the following items:
In collaboration with AAPS (www.aaps.es):
• New and used blankets
• Canned food (NOT containing pork)
• Infant milk powder and food
• School supplies
• Sanitary pads (HIGH PRIORITY)
• Hygiene and sanitary items (HIGH PRIORITY)
• Baby and adult diapers (HIGH PRIORITY)
• Medical equipment (crutches, wheelchairs, prosthesis etc.) (HIGH PRIORITY)
In collaboration with Bienvenidos refugiados (www.bienvenidosrefugiados.wordpress.com):
• Clothes and shoes
What to do now
If you would like to contribute please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your address and telephone number
- Days and times during the collection week ( 7-13 March) that would be convenient for us to collect the items from your home (if the specified week is not convenient please still get in touch and we will try to find an alternative option)
Poster in Spanish as follows: Contributions for Syrian refugees_ES